[Ardour-Users] Some issues on a new install
biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 8 08:34:40 PST 2011
I just got a new computer, so did a fresh install of FC14. I previously
had been using FC7.
I've got the CCRMA repos enabled, and did all my installs from YUM, so
dependencies SHOULD have been taken care of.
I've got 2.8.11 installed, and the basics are working fine. However,
some of the plugins lock Ardour as soon as I load them. I have to go to
a terminal and kill Ardour, and kill -9 jackd because it locks too.
One plugin that always locks ardour is Fons Adriaensen's 4-band
parametric. The Invada plugins work fine, on the other hand.
Am I missing some .lib or binary that YUM missed? I never had this
trouble on my old FC7 box, but I'd had it for years and had a lot of
added stuff that accumulated over the years, so I have no idea what it
had that the new one doesn't. If anyone recognizes the symptom, could
you point me in the right direction?
Also, I did my first rough mix last night of a demo I'd been working on,
and when I exported the session to audiofile, a couple of tracks were at
considerably different levels in the resulting file than they were while
listening in Ardour. Those tracks had gain automation. Is there a
trick I'm not remembering about exporting files/tracks that contain
Check out the website I've been cobbling together. It will never be done, but it's a start:
My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio, mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer. Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
- [Friedrich Nietzsche]
More information about the Ardour-Users