[Ardour-Users] Problem importing *.MID files

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Jul 11 09:24:45 PDT 2011

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> writes:

> On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 17:21 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Ardour3b9 refuses to import files with names like "BEGUINE.MID" into
>> tracks (the canonical file name on DOS floppy disks, more or less a
>> standard medium for sequencers) even though the file selector gives them
>> an icon suggesting a music file (two semiquaver notes).
>>
>> Renaming them into "beguine.midi" will make this work, but I really
>> think that ardour should recognize the DOS style extensions without
>> additional prodding.
>

> Just my personal opinion.
>
> Qtractor's extension is '.mid' too. As long as I'm able to share files
> between Qtractor and Ardour I'm satisfied. Btw. I didn't test it until
> now, it's on my todo list.
>
> IMO to be able sharing MIDI files with other OS at least is useless
> regrading to needed plugins, such as virtual synth, hence a renaming
> won't be a serious issue.

I am not talking "other OS", I am talking synthesizers.

The above example was straight from
<URL:http://www.ketronus.com/zip/MS40%20Disks.zip>

Of course, this is not Qtractor and thus you can't be interested.  But
that does not necessarily mean that nobody else can.

Whatever.  This is no place for bug reports.

--
David Kastrup