[Ardour-Users] some bugs

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sun Feb 27 14:22:30 PST 2011

On 02/27/2011 07:20 PM, Kim Cascone wrote:
> I was working on a thirty minute mix of some pieces in Ardour and
> noticed some things that are still odd behaviors -- sorry if these are
> still known issues:
>

> - the 'end' marker still locates itself to the end of the length of
> longest imported sound file
> - problem occurs when it is off-screen (and forgotten about after
> working on a piece for a while) then going to render the session to a
> file it will render everything from end of the last region to the 'end'
> marker - which is silence

yup. me too. the end marker generally seems to do the right thing with
audio regions, but you can really confuse ardour with automation tracks
- often, rogue automation points occur after the session end (a long way
after it in fact), and to get rid of them, one has to drag the end
marker waaayyy off to include them again - only then can they be deleted.

> - Ardour crashes while manipulating automation points during playback
> (moving or deleting mostly)

yup, seen that too, but not reproducibly. seems to be related to midi
bindings here, iirc, it only happens with parameters that have a
controller bound to it.

> - there is some keyboard action (key combo or mouse + key combo) that I
> accidentally perform while drawing automation points which will take
> several automation points and shift them a large distance to the right
> - I'm not entirely sure whether this is a feature or a bug but it
> happens when I'm working fast so it could just be sloppy fingers

seen that too, and i'm pretty sure it's no intentional feature. again,
it usually happens during complex sessions, and most of the time, ctrl-z
fixes it.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net