[Ardour-Users] Good plugins, Re: Hm...

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 05:27:22 PDT 2010

Just to give a counterbalance to this, I have plugins/DSP that do
replace several thousand dollar pieces of gear, specialized gates,
decent compressors, etc.  It all depends on what oyu do and what you
want.

      Seablade

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> And what gear does C* plate replace?

My guess would be a plate reverb of some sort;)

PS I wouldn't use Jamin as a replacement for a channel
compressor(Which often can be single band and MUCH cheaper on
resources than Jamin is).  It can be a replacement for many things,
but the compressors you name I wouldn't use for a mastering compressor
either.