[Ardour-Users] Good plugins, Re: Hm...

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Sep 1 12:08:37 PDT 2010

On Wednesday 01 September 2010 14:27:22 Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> PS I wouldn't use Jamin as a replacement for a channel
> compressor(Which often can be single band and MUCH cheaper on
> resources than Jamin is).  It can be a replacement for many things,
> but the compressors you name I wouldn't use for a mastering compressor
> either.

Well, for "simple" compression, the SC* compressors are kind of a standard and
perform well. And guess what jamin is using:-)

But jamin really is overkill when used for a single channel, most single-
channel signals are mono and jamin introduces a delay of ~10ms which isn't
compensated for by ardour as an "insert" doesn't have a chance to have a
output port named "latency" to report its intrinsic latency...

Arnold