[Ardour-Users] Ardour playback wrong when ardour is time master

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 07:06:21 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Roberto Suarez Soto
<talkingxouba at gmail.com> wrote:
> El día Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:15:52 -0400, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com>
> escribía:

>        Yes, Maverick ("Maverick Meerkat") is the latest and finest Ubuntu
> release. I had no problems with Ubuntu in the past (i.e., Lucid and Karmic
> before that), but I don't use Ardour that often and/or professionally. What
> problems did you find?
>
>        And, just to make it clear, did your problems before the recompiling
> resemble mine? Did the playback cursor "jump back" however you tried to move
> it, through the buttons or the mouse?

The main issue was that the playback cursor acted flakily when I set
Ardour as the time master, very similarly to how you described it --
it wouldn't make the other synched Jack apps (Rosegarden & Hydrogen)
playback correctly or the playback cursor wouldn't go to the home
position when I pressed the Home key or even dragged it, it would stay
"stuck" in the last place I stopped playback. This was only with the
Ubuntu packaged Ardour (version 2.8.6), I didn't have the problem when
I compiled 2.8.11 from source. I don't remember (and I am not at my
studio machine right now), but I think I ended up rebuilding Jack &
QJackCtl from source as well, to eliminate potential issues between
Jack 7 Ardour.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com