[Ardour-Users] click free editing and zero crossings

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Mon May 31 00:48:26 PDT 2010

On 05/31/2010 08:52 AM, Paul Schwebel wrote:
> I have really enjoyed all the back and forth about clean edits.
>
> I am not up on the theory behind the merits of edits at zero
> crossings. My original question came purely as a musician and end
> user. Ultimately, I don't care about how clean edits are made. I care
> about the UI and an efficient workflow. I have not found  a method in
> Ardour that compares favorably with Logic or Amadeus Pro in the ease
> with which I can spice audio. That's why I asked. The variety of
> series of steps to do this.

well, the point is: ardour will use fades. so you can pretty much edit
anywhere. the only thing i found that will cause clicks in ardour is
insufficient smoothing of automation points - and that can just as well
be blamed on the plugin.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Elektrofachkraft
Audio and event engineer - Ambisonic surround recordings

http://stackingdwarves.net