[Ardour-Users] 'object' to region boundary

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Jul 20 02:14:08 PDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 10:40 AM, John Emmas wrote:
> According to gtk2_ardour/editor_ops.cc it looks as if I should be
> able to select certain types of object (e.g. the playhead or a
> location marker) and then move the object so that it's positioned
> exactly at a region boundary.  How do I achieve this?

Menu->Transport->[Playhead|Active Mark]->..

or press left/right arrow-keys (for the playhead).
select-mark, press SHIFT+CTRL+left/right arrow keys.

> I can't see
> anything obvious in the context menus etc.
>
> Or are those operations just helper functions for other operations,
> such as looping a particular region or setting a range around a
> region?

'cscope' is your friend.

eg. search 'cursor_to_region_boundary' (from editor_ops.cc) to find
cursor_to_next_region_boundary(). Look-up that C-symbol and you'll find
the ActionManager registers it as "playhead-to-next-region-boundary"
which can be found in "ardour.menus".

HTH,
robin

Robin Gareus                           mail: robin at gareus.org
site: http://gareus.org/               chat: xmpp:rgareus at ik.nu
blog: http://rg42.org/                 lab : http://citu.fr/

Public Key at http://pgp.mit.edu/
Fingerprint : 7107 840B 4DC9 C948 076D 6359 7955 24F1 4F95 2B42