[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 26 10:39:56 PST 2010

Arnold Krille wrote:
> Yeah, standing at a digital mixing desk with the blue screen of death and
> simply rebooting it is so much more embarrassing than standing in front of an
> analogue mixing desk where half the channels are on fire from burnt capacitors
> and the other half got soaked with beer from some drunk metal fans and there
> is no second console for backup.

The only major disaster I endured was when a tent over FOH position
ripped after a huge cloudburst and dumped several hundred gallons of
water in a PM3000.  I dare say that a digital console, as magical as
they apparently are, would not have fared any better.

Are digital consoles really as immune to beer as you claim??

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be done, but it's a start:
http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio, mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
						- [Friedrich Nietzsche]