[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 06:35:38 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:28 AM, John Rigg <au at jrigg.co.uk> wrote:

> My concern isn't about reliability of digital hardware in general, but
> commodity computer stuff. I'd find it very hard to trust a standard
> PC in touring conditions. Using industrial grade hardware and carrying
> a backup computer would be essential IMO.

Ahh ok, then I misunderstood.  This I agree with.  It isn't that Linux and
Ardour CAN'T do it, they certainly could if development was taken in that
direction.  It is that each of these systems mentioned that are usable in a
mass market situation, has had testing and support in a completely different
way than what Ardour is on now.

        Seablade