[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jan 25 15:29:30 PST 2010

> It's less a matter of habit and more being able to turn the monitor
> down as soon as the singer points his microphone at it

:D I like this example.

I guess pushing a mute button for an aux channel (depending to the
architecture of the mixing console) by mouse could be done as soon, as
by using a mixing console, assumed that the virtual mixer doesn't need a
scrolling, but is shown completely.

I seldom did live mixing as a job, personally I would prefer to shoot
the singer and hope that the mic wouldn't show in direction of the
monitor after the singer is killed. AND today inearmonitoring save us
against such situations.

But I live to "hear" the marvelousness. Somebody else gave the singer a
microphone with an on/off switch ... that's very funny. BUT microphones
with on/off switches are very seldom, if you do a professional job.
Unfortunately I did all kinds of jobs and yes, this could happen and
could lead to a disaster. You can't be as fast, as somebody turns on the
microphone by it's own switch, while you search for the reason, that
there was no signal for this microphone.

> , or to react as
> soon as the same singer runs in front of a PA stack with the microphone.

That's much more funny :D.
Rip out the cable and after doing this shoot the singer :D. It doesn't
matter if you're using a computer or a classic mixer.

> Live bands are not predictable. Any unnecessary latency in the control
> interface increases the risk of system damage.

:D

Sorry, live jobs for theatre are less dangerous than the live jobs you
did. Most times in my life I did studio jobs and studio "hobby" recordings.

But anyway, such accidents happen, it has nothing to do with the
technology you are using. Some buddy always does the unbelievable.