[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jan 25 14:03:54 PST 2010

John Rigg wrote:
> In live work it's essential to have instant (or as near
> instant as possible) access to controls. If it's necessary to page through
> menus or use a mouse to adjust something it's usually too late.

Perhaps you're an old man too ;). While we need to page through menus
today, we needed to jump two meters to reach the needed controller in
the past. Maybe this is some kind of habituation. What needs more time,
sitting at one place and paging through menus or jumping from one place
to the other on classic live equipment? For me the old way is more
intuitive.