[Ardour-Users] tax deductible Re: Ardour 2.8.5 released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 24 16:05:35 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Patrick Shirkey
<pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
> And due to the current financial model Ardour is well placed to survive the
> current economic crunch which means it will only get better. The past year
> of community donations has effectively allowed Paul to focus his efforts on
> ardour3 and bring it to a public release stage which is a major milestone
> and a huge achievement.
>
> Not bad considering that this time last year he was considering throwing in
> the towel due to funding drying up.

nicely put.

in fact, its a minor miracle, and one for which i am genuinely
thankful daily! can you name one other developer of open source
software worldwide who gets paid for his work, can live (just about)
from the proceeds, and is beholden to NOBODY but users? i can't. i
feel blessed every day, and i can't thank the existing community
enough for the gift they have given me. its beyond words.

> With ardour3 we will see a new era for ardour adoption. It could well be the
> final nail for digidesigns bloated and over hyped coffin. And it only cost
> Paul 12 years of his life and half of his retirement savings...

10, really. and 100% of my retirement savings :)