[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 24 12:57:13 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> "*It is tax deductible for professional studios and they would pay for an
> Ardour that is comparable to Pro Tools, Samplitude, Nuendo*. Why don't you
> go this way?

thus proving that you, like most of us (including me until about 2
years ago), don't know anywhere nearly enough about setting up a US
non-profit organization.

> If Ardour's quality is comparable, than
> there shouldn't be a problem to sell Ardour."

thus proving that you, like most people not actually involved in the
so-called "MI" business, don't understand nearly enough how
"professional" studios acquire technology.

if you've just spent $15k on a PT HD rig, the low cost of Ardour as
software is essentially of zero interest.