[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 24 13:14:45 PST 2010

Please no quarrel. I again replied, just because of a thought.

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>

>> "*It is tax deductible for professional studios and they would pay for an
>> Ardour that is comparable to Pro Tools, Samplitude, Nuendo*. Why don't you
>> go this way?
>>

> thus proving that you, like most of us (including me until about 2
> years ago), don't know anywhere nearly enough about setting up a US
> non-profit organization.

Correct.

>> If Ardour's quality is comparable, than
>> there shouldn't be a problem to sell Ardour."
>>

> thus proving that you, like most people not actually involved in the
> so-called "MI" business, don't understand nearly enough how
> "professional" studios acquire technology.
>
> if you've just spent $15k on a PT HD rig, the low cost of Ardour as
> software is essentially of zero interest.

The thought. When Brauner started his company I was a friend of him and
I worked for him. Why could he sell Brauner Microphones, even if there
were all those Neumann Microphones?

Some from this list used Pro Tools and changed to Ardour, maybe they
should write more about the reasons. I guess other PT users who didn't
change to Ardour would change their minds, when you focus on that
reasons, by making Ardour tasty for those PT studios.

Dunno and now I really can't write anything additional, but there are
reasons that some people chaged from PT to Ardour, so they might give
you hints ... just a thought.