[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Jan 24 08:35:52 PST 2010

> A product like Nuendo is a complete different product, because of
> quality and quantity. Even Reaper seems to be on a higher level than
> Ardour 2.8.5 seems to be. Fraudulent representations shouldn't be used
> to ask for donations. I'm fine with comparative advertising as long as
> it isn't deceptive advertising. Btw. I never tested energyXT 2.5, it's
> for Linux and costs 49,-€.

Whether or not Ardour can stand its ground in a direct comparison to one
of the mentioned apps is very much open to debate (there are whole
blocks of functionality present there that Ardour doesn't have, but it
depends on the use case and personal workflow in how far that matters).

But the scrolling text starts with "Some indicative pricing ..."
It says nothing like: Ardour is as good as Nuendo. It's just a list of
prices offered to provide context.

Your lack of understanding is really hurtful in my perception. You
should be more careful with terms like "shady".

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/