[Ardour-Users] import procedure

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Jan 20 16:18:13 PST 2010

On 20 January 2010 at 18:01, plutek-infinity <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:

> following from ken's thread about import crashes, i'd like to
> investigate multi-file import methodology a bit here....

When I imported from ProTools to Ardour with an early version of
ardour 2.X I imported all the files individually, then created
enough tracks to hold each of those, then drag-dropped those onto
the tracks.  As I recall the biggest issue I faced is that most
of the tracks were discontinuous, that is that 20 seconds of solo
needed to be hand placed by me on the time axis where I heard
it in the reference mix I had out of ProTools, which I'd also
imported.

I know there are ways, and I've used them, to make time
synchronization aspects of importing easier to deal with.  But,
proper planning is always important here.  In my case the person
who wrote the song handed me a disc with his data on it and it
was up to me to reconstruct something workable in Ardour.

I don't think this is relevant to the import crash issue.  I hope
it's relevant to the larger question of an import procedure.  I
imagine that there might be some differences in procedure depending
on the source of the imported files.

Cheers....

--
Kevin