[Ardour-Users] import procedure

plutek-infinity plutek at infinity.net
Wed Jan 20 15:01:50 PST 2010

howdy!

following from ken's thread about import crashes, i'd like to investigate multi-file import methodology a bit here....

i'm trying to bring in sessions from protools, with a number of files (representing different takes) on each of ~20 tracks in each session. since i want tracks named differently from the file names, it seems my most efficient option is to:

1. set up the tracks
2. import successive takes into each track

i select a track and then open the import dialog. when i select more than one file to import, "selected tracks" disappears as an import destination option. however, if i close the import dialog and then reopen it (at which point my multiple file selection is still active), i *can* select "selected tracks" as an import destination, and if i also check the option to insert the files in sequence, then i get all the files lined up on the selected track. then i repeat that for all tracks (opening the import dialog twice in each case, to enable the "selected tracks" option).

does this seem like a bug? (if so, i'll report it)
are there other, better, ways of dealing with large imports like this?

thanks, much... cheers!

--
.pltk.