[Ardour-Users] Painful importing WAV files with constant crashing/segfaulting

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Wed Jan 27 23:06:18 PST 2010

onsdag 27 januari 2010 21:38:23 skrev  Ken Restivo:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 05:29:21AM -0500, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> > Ken-
> >
> >  Its an issue of people having time of course.  That being said I don't
> > see anything that jumps out at me in your backtrace.  Glancing through it
> > I can only guess that it was thread 1 that crashed, normally when Ardour
> > crashes, gdb would tell you which thread crashed, the reason, etc.  Would
> > I expect to get this fixed before your next PT session, probably not.
> >
> >   I should also note that your backtrace should be attached to the Mantis
> > issue about this as well, as it does make it easier to keep track of.
> >
> >           Seablade
> >
> > And for the record, I highly doubt what you are seeing has anything to do
> > with the GUI itself, other than possibly a conflict between an autosave
> > running at the same time as importing other files, but even that is a
> > complete shot in the dark.
>
> I ran it with autosave off, and it still exploded on me during imports,
>  like a trick cigar.
>
> So far, absolutely nothing seems to help.

I know this isn't a log time solution but you could try to run a live-cd from
some distro that includes ardour and see if it works to import there, and
transfer the import to your normal installed ardour. As a short time solution
that would fix the import until the bug is crushed, and if it works it might
even point in the direction that the bug is not purely ardour. Just a thought.

/bengan