[Ardour-Users] touch with behringer bcf?

bart brouns bart at magnetophon.nl
Thu Feb 11 16:07:39 PST 2010

> From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com>

> I am fairly certain that it doesn't as I don't believe it has touch
> sensitive faders to start with, and I am fairly certain I have helped people
> with exactly this problem in the past and this is the conclusion we came to.
>
>        Seablade

The Behringer DDX3216 has a really great automation system that is controlled with the same non-touch sensitive hardware.

Faders and knobs are “control-sensitive”, i. e. the mixer senses when a control is moved away from its pre-programmed position,and reacts accordingly. If a channel is in touch mode,only those controls will be set to  write mode that are actually moved. All other controls stay in play mode.

Two other things make this automation system a real joy to use:
When you recall snapshots they crossfade from the current settings in a predetermined timespan. You can record the results into the automation!
writing automation can be done in two modes: absolute and relative.

Absolute mode just overwrites whatever was there.

In relative mode, you can write relative changes made to an already existing automation.
In this mode the faders move to the “0 dB” position. When you start the song, the faders will not move although the previously
written movements are shown in the display.
When you move a controller that is in touch or write mode, an”offset” will be added to the previously written movement, i. e. it will continue to play.

Maybe some ideas for Ardour?

Greetings, Bart.