[Ardour-Users] touch with behringer bcf?

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Thu Feb 11 08:58:55 PST 2010

Maybe im missing something, but I think that is what 'touch' does.  I
use Ardours sliders (not hardware) when I work a mixdown, so im not sure
if that's what you're referring to as 'on-screen sliders'.  When im
working on a track, I set the gain automation to 'touch' so I can tweak
it during playback.  'Touch' will replay what was already done with the
'write' but allows you to modify it during playback (like a combo of
'play' and 'write').  Is that what you are asking?

Granted, its been a little over a year (and a couple Ardour releases)
since ive done a mixdown but I assume the latest version of Ardour still
works that way.

- --Brett