[Ardour-Users] touch with behringer bcf?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 04:52:16 PST 2010

Giso-

  A couple of things to note here, one is that what you are describing
really isn't utilizing TOUCH mode.  Two is that I believe that issue was
fixed some time ago so if you haven't already you may want to upgrade to the
most recent version of Ardour.

Nettings-

 The BCF IIRC doesn't actualy have touch sensitive faders, so operating in a
true TOUCH mode isn't possible with it.  To answer your question, the TOUCH
signal is a simple MIDI signal, so if trying to bind a controller with TOUCH
sensitivity enabled it would almost certainly screw with things how MIDI
bindings are currently set up in A2.  A3 however is another story still in
progress.

The only way to currently utilize TOUGH mode with a control surface is with
the Logic protocol, and only with surfaces that implement touch sensitive
faders and the appropriate MIDI signals for TOUCH.

       Seablade