[Ardour-Users] ardour 2.8.7 and kernel frontier tranzport interface? (solved)

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Tue Feb 9 06:39:07 PST 2010

Dave Täht wrote:
> On 02/08/2010 02:44 PM, Giso Grimm wrote:
[...]

> I have the fix for this in my private tree that I will push up,
> regrettably I had incorporated another fix for an obscure problem with
> dynamic USB numbering that doesn't work (yet), and there appears to be a
> problem with certain tranzport keystrokes in later versions of ardour
> that I haven't nailed yet, either.

With ardour 2.7.1 I noticed problems with marker add (sometimes it
worked as expected, sometimes it moved punch in/out). I did not yet
checked in detail, but will have a closer look.

> It may be merely that my tranzport has gone south. Let me know how
> giso's fix works for you.

The tranzport device seems to work fine now. However, I have some issues
with ardour 2.8.7, with and without tranzport: After each re-location of
the playhead, the time jumps to 0 and back to the desired time.
Sometimes, the playhead sticks at zero. I have to look at it in more
detail before reporting this as a bug, though.

Giso