[Ardour-Users] 2.8.6 Master out error

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 12:25:52 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 02:46:16PM -0500, plutek-infinity wrote:
> for the record, doesn't `automatically connect outputs to master bus' only
> refer to connections between individual tracks and the master bus, not
> connections from master bus to something else?

Yes, you're right. What has been happening is that the Master bus hasn't
been connecting to the system outputs when opening a new session.
I failed to spot that as an error (it's been a long day).

Once this has happened I can't connect any other tracks to Master,
and can't connect Master to system outputs until I restart Ardour.

> when i start a new session with autoconnection off, the master bus is still
> connected to the system outputs, but no tracks are connected to the master
> bus. if i then disconnect the master bus outputs, i can reconnect them
> without trouble. also, if i save the session with the master outs
> disconnected and then restart ardour, i can connect the master outs
> without trouble.

This is the behaviour I expect, and it seemed to be working this way
until a couple of hours ago when it started to go wrong. I'll try again
tomorrow and report back. Thanks for checking.

John