[Ardour-Users] OT: recording mike recommendation

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Aug 19 13:31:20 PDT 2010

On 19.08.2010 13:51, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> At the moment I'm thinking of buying the C 1000 myself, some time ago I
> planed to buy some Behringer mics and to tweak them. It's not that I say
> the AKG mic is a bad one. I wonder if 4 of them inside a grand piano
> could do the job. First I thought this might a less expensive solution,
> but I'm sceptic now.

don't. get a matched pair of rode nt5 instead. if you can spend a little
more, the nt55 might be interesting, since they come with swappable omni
capsules included. i haven*t had a chance to test the latter, though,
but maybe you get a chance to listen to them in the shop before you buy.
or use an online retailer and make use of your right to return them if
they are not satisfactory.

best,

jörn