[Ardour-Users] Debian?

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 04:15:02 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:47:40AM +0200, christian at shamanbenefit.net wrote:
> [...]

I've been using Debian stable for a few years now on my DAWs. I've had a few
problems with unstable and testing after upgrades in the past (like X breaking)
so I've stuck with stable for production use.

Using Debian stable does require a lot of packages to be compiled from
source though, as some are not recent enough to work. In addition to
Ardour 2 I've compiled JACK, libsndfile, liblo, lv2, aubio and waf,
along with a custom kernel and the corresponding version of ALSA.

Some might not regard this as "sensible", but my systems work well and
(most importantly) are reliable enough for paid work.

John