[Ardour-Users] cutting audio regions with no "dead space"

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:08:45 PDT 2009

To quote from the manual rewrite in progress...

Splice Mode

If you are editing a session and require behaviour where regions are
forced to always be directly adjacent, you can switch to splice mode.
In this mode, cutting part of region will cause all later regions in
the track to move up (earlier) the timeline so that there is no
intervening space between them. Moving a region will cause other
regions to move around so that the moved region fits "between" them.

As of Ardour 2.8 the splice mode is known to have problems and should
be considered not working properly.  Use at your own risk.

     Seablade