[Ardour-Users] cutting audio regions with no "dead space"

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Sep 28 13:52:35 PDT 2009

Greetings,

Can ardour cut a region of audio out of a track and have the regions to
the right get translated the amount of cut time?

I have both 'cut' and 'deleted' regions, but both of those operations
have left a "dead" zone the same size as the cut region.

I have read about changing the edit mode to splice, but I have also read
that that doesn't work. I have tried without luck.

I am using ardour 2.8.

Thanks for the hints and info.

Cheers,

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe at d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot