[Ardour-Users] two questions

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Sep 1 15:17:14 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Kim Cascone<kim at anechoicmedia.com> wrote:
> I've got two things I'd like to do and was wondering if someone could
> illuminate me:
>
> - I have been doing more sound file editing in Ardour; making regions that
> fit a time constraint for a piece I'm writing. I am stumped as to how to
> determine how long a region is. I've tried clicking on it with various keys
> held down and no settings that jump out at me in the menu...
> Is there a setting for the time counter that will allow me to see the length
> of a region or a selection of contiguous regions ?

right click on the region, pick "Popup region editor" to get a little
dialog that displays start, end, length (all editable from within the
dialog, and each clock can be switched to any format you wish)

> - I am having trouble making the 'end' marker stay where I want it to. I set
> it at 00:02:00 (2 min) and it keeps jumping out to 10 minutes for some
> reason unbeknown to me.

its a known problem, i thought it was solved in 2.8.something. which
version are you using?

> Quick pointers or tips anyone?
>
> oh yeah, one last thing: I discovered the 'alt-mouse scroll-wheel' for
> window opacity trick by accident and was very amazed at how bleedin' handy
> this is! why don't more apps do this?! wow! major thanks to the Ardour code
> posse! :)

ardour is not doing this. its your window manager.