[Ardour-Users] two questions

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Tue Sep 1 13:42:03 PDT 2009

I've got two things I'd like to do and was wondering if someone could
illuminate me:

- I have been doing more sound file editing in Ardour; making regions
that fit a time constraint for a piece I'm writing. I am stumped as to
how to determine how long a region is. I've tried clicking on it with
various keys held down and no settings that jump out at me in the menu...
Is there a setting for the time counter that will allow me to see the
length of a region or a selection of contiguous regions ?

- I am having trouble making the 'end' marker stay where I want it to. I
set it at 00:02:00 (2 min) and it keeps jumping out to 10 minutes for
some reason unbeknown to me.

Quick pointers or tips anyone?

oh yeah, one last thing: I discovered the 'alt-mouse scroll-wheel' for
window opacity trick by accident and was very amazed at how bleedin'
handy this is! why don't more apps do this?! wow! major thanks to the
Ardour code posse! :)