[Ardour-Users] export only provides left channel audio

Chris Hallinan challinan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:04:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a relative newbie to Ardour.  I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and Ardour 2.3
(built from rev 3029) from the Ubuntu repo.

I created a simple session and recorded some live streaming audio from
Totem.  When I play back through my system device (Edirol FA-101), it
sounds great, and has both channels of audio.  Also, I can see the
left and right graphical indicators on the master bus indicating good
signal levels.

However, when I use Export via Session->Export->Export range markers
to file, I only get the left channel.  I've tried everything I could
find from the Export dialog user interface, including selecting stereo
and mono, selecting both left and both right channels on
master:out1/2, as well as selecting the tracks from the actual input
track instead of the output.  File type is WAV, as I don't seem to be
able to support any of the other formats.  I'm guessing from Googling
that aiff is a Mac specific format.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but it's not obvious to me what
that might be!  Any help / tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still.