[Ardour-Users] Ardour Manual Updates

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 08:05:17 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Stephen Doonan
<stephen.doonan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> How do you want the highlighted (haloed) sections to be annotated, with just
> numbers as in the example you mentioned at the beginning of this
> discussion--
>
> http://vm-nice.stackingdwarves.net:8888/ardour-en/384-ARDOUR.html
>
> --or with the name of the object being highlighted? Will the text of the
> manual refer to the various highlighted regions by number? For example,
> would the text of the manual say--
>
>  The Strip List (1) provides a simple interface to the layout of the mixer
> strips on the mixer.
>
> (The "(1)" above would refer to a numbered object in the screenshot?)

Similar.  On the same article that the annotated screenshot exists,
likely in the caption for the screenshot itself, needs to be a 'key'
of Numbers and the Name of the object that number refers to.  On the
image itself should only be the numbers.  Let me see if I can update
the sample article to give an example(And it would only be an example
of course).

If we need to reference an object within another article, we need to
link to the article that describes that object, instead of using
numbers in parenthesis.

> By the way, have you considered using Redhat's gift to the community, their
> Liberation typefaces? Liberation Sans?

We are limited in our selection of typefaces to what Daisy can handle
at the moment, and I am not anxious to dig into it to see if we can
change it at the moment.  To much else to do when what they provide
for output works pretty well.  In the images obviously we can use any
type face, and in that case, no I did not look at those.  I was
primarily just looking for soemthing that would work and be clear for
it, and am open to change it, but it should be something availiable
easily on both Mac OS X and Linux.

      Seablade