[Ardour-Users] [Ardour FLOSS Manual] Jamin install OSX

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Nov 22 03:30:15 PST 2009

Hi Thomas,

actually, I was asking about my compiling instructions ;-) The idea of 5
second latency is a bit alarming to me... can anyone have a look at the
compiling part? Of course I can put both in the manual--assuming your
.app will be available indefinitely.

best,
Derek

Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Personally I would lean towards that for most OS X users, my
> port/package is probably the better bet, even with its poor response.
> One, it doesn't need or load X11.  Two it is packaged as a .app, so
> there is no need to open a terminal to launch it.
>
> All this being said, I would put ina  STRONG warning about it not
> being developed for OS X.
>
> And yes the URL in that thread should still be valid, I haven't had
> time to work on it anytime recently.
>
>       Seablade
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> wrote:
>> As a first step towards the INSTALL section of the Ardour FLOSS Manual, I'd
>> like to double check some instruction I made a while back for installing
>> Jamin manually on OSX. Would anyone here who has OSX and Fink be interested
>> to test the following:
>>
>> http://ardour.org/node/352
>>
>> (second post) and let me know what works or doesn't?
>>
>> Best!
>> Derek
>>
>> --
>> ::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::
>> http://www.vimeo.com/macumbista :::
>> ---Oblique Strategy # 60:
>> "Don't be afraid of things because they're easy to do"

::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::
http://www.vimeo.com/macumbista :::
---Oblique Strategy # 69:
"Feed the recording back out of the medium"