[Ardour-Users] [Ardour FLOSS Manual] Jamin install OSX

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 09:27:47 PST 2009

The instructions you have listed there will need X11 to run, at first
glance they look fine, but it has been a while since I did the work on
the port.  It will not be able to be packaged as a .app in that manner
without modifications to the code(I really need to submit my patch
back to Jamin, but my patch probably won't work with the X11 version
off a guess, or at the very least would only work if packaged as a
.app)

No real need to create a script to set LADSPA_PATH I don't believe.  I
use terminal and have a .bash_profile setup and it works fine(I may
have had to tell Terminal to use Bash to start, can't remember).  If
someone is going to go through that, chances are they would be fine
setting environment variables in a .bash_profile.

For the record the 5 second latency is actually probably overstating
it a bit, and only applies to the GUI, the audio is processed like
normal, no additional latency there.  And for some reason I haven't
figured out yet, the latency in the GUI is induced only when audio is
being processed.  There are other minor issues, but I prefer it than
to use an X11 app in OS X these days if I can avoid it.

In as far as how long it will be available... well I have no
intentions of taking it down, but I hope to update it eventually.

        Seablade