[Ardour-Users] xrun & automation

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Sat May 16 04:57:35 PDT 2009

two unrelated questions:

first, while working i often get errors such as these in jack:

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 15.796 msecs

13:18:05.075 XRUN callback (76).

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 12.375 msecs

13:19:09.085 XRUN callback (77).

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 20.769 msecs

13:19:34.448 XRUN callback (78).

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 8.133 msecs

13:23:04.185 XRUN callback (79).

which result in a split-second pause in playback of my session.  nothing
too serious, but slightly annoying, to say the least.  does this just
mean that my system can't keep up, or is there something i can do about
it?  i'm running 2.8 in ubuntu jaunty, on an old toshiba satellite
laptop with a 1400MHz pentium m processor and 1GB of ram.

second, is it possible to pin automation to a region?  let's say, for
instance, i've drawn fader automation for a region, which i then move to
another point in the session.  is it possible to have its automation
points move with it?  and/or select and drag automation points?  at the
moment if i move a region, and automation drawn for it stays behind.  i
seem to be able to copy /paste these automation points, but that's all...

thanks!  i have to say, this list is a spectacular resource for someone
like me, who is using the software everyday.  i'm learning things i
didn't even *know* i wanted to know, thanks to discussions like the ones
about interchange/audiofiles and range and loop markers.  and great to
see the efforts for the manual up and running - maybe once i've learned
a bit more i'll be able to contribute...  ; )

patrick

--

|||  www.murmerings.com |||