[Ardour-Users] Zoom focus (saving problem)

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 14 08:55:20 PDT 2009

Recent changes to Ardour's timeline scrolling left me with a problem in
'moving timeline' display mode, which I tend to prefer.  Therefore I'm
currently running Ardour 2.4.1 which was the last version where that
scrolling mode worked properly.

This morning I discovered an (unrelated) bug but before reporting it I just
thought I'd check to see if it's still present in the current version.  If
anyone's running something pretty current, would they mind checking this for
me please...?

Go to View->Zoom Focus.  You'll see 6 options, the first 3 of which are:-
Zoom Focus Left, Zoom Focus Right and Zoom Focus Centre.  If I select any of
those 3 options, my selection seems to get remembered when I next use
Ardour.  However, if I select any of the other 3 options (Zoom Focus
Playhead, Zoom Focus Edit or Zoom Focus Mouse) they all seem to get
forgotten when I next launch Ardour.  I looked in the file
"~/.ardour2/instant-xml" and my chosen value seems to be getting saved
correctly so the problem must be on re-loading.

Can anyone confirm if this is still present in the latest versions?

Also, the option Zoom Focus Edit seems to just stop the zoom facility from
working AFAICT.  Is that right?

Thanks,

John