[Ardour-Users] ardourvst on jaunty

Jari Suominen jari.suominen at helsinki.fi
Wed Jun 3 23:36:58 PDT 2009

. m u r m e r . kirjoitti:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>> did you ensure that Z: points to / ?
>
> nope, i sure hadn't.  i seem to have worked out what that means and how
> to do it, though, and ardourvst has opened!  a bit more fiddling to work
> out how to use vsts.  if anyone has any tips (how/where to install them,
> etc) feel free to let me know.  if it's straightforward or obvious i
> imagine i'll figure it out sooner or later.  although i certainly
> wouldn't have gotten this far without your help, so you never know...

If the VST plugin has a setup program then just download it and install
it on wine. In Ubuntu you can right click the file and choose to execute
it in Wine.

Some VST plugins are just a dll file that you need to copy to right
folder. There are few possibilities which all work (just read the
documentation or look at the ardourvst startup the folders it goes
through in search of VST plugins). Many free VST plugins work this way.

.j