[Ardour-Users] ardourvst on jaunty

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jun 3 17:58:01 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM, . m u r m e r . <murmer at murmerings.com> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> did you ensure that Z: points to / ?
>

> nope, i sure hadn't.  i seem to have worked out what that means and how to
> do it, though, and ardourvst has opened!  a bit more fiddling to work out
> how to use vsts.  if anyone has any tips (how/where to install them, etc)
> feel free to let me know.  if it's straightforward or obvious i imagine i'll
> figure it out sooner or later.  although i certainly wouldn't have gotten
> this far without your help, so you never know...

I'm not trying to be patronizing, but in the lower 1/3 of the page on
building VST support, it says:
You should also use the wine-config program to ensure that the Z:
drive under Wine points to the root ('/') of your filesystem. This is
critical if you install plugins somewhere outside of your home
directory, and is recommended.