[Ardour-Users] ardourvst on jaunty

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Wed Jun 3 11:26:41 PDT 2009

Jari Suominen wrote:
> Did you first gone through the instructions on this page:
>
> http://www.ardour.org/building

nope. but i have done now, thanks.

> installing all required tools and libraries under All versions of
> Ardour and For the Ardour 2.0 series? And for the libraries also dev
> versions. You can find all these libraries from Synaptic just search.
> fftw3f is inside some random package just install it. All the rest are
> quite straight forward.

do you mean it's inside one of the other packages, so i don't need to
worry about it? or i need to find it somehow hiding somewhere else and
install *that* package? as i guess you predicted, i haven't found that
one, and a google search leads to a bunch of forum posts of people not
finding it...

> I'm pretty sceptic that the wine you will find at Ubuntu rep will
> actually work. The version I mentioned in some earlier post works and
> to install that you need to download deb package from Wine site as the
> newest version they have in their own repository does not work either.

ok, done that, thanks.

best,
patrick

--