[Ardour-Users] ardourvst on jaunty

Jari Suominen jari.suominen at helsinki.fi
Wed Jun 3 10:19:04 PDT 2009

. m u r m e r . kirjoitti:
> Jari Suominen wrote:
>> Well the building instructions at the Ardour website are quite
>> straight forward to me. Of course you could cut couple of corners as
>> many required libraries are already installed. But now without
>> Steinberg hassle it is much easier. I think that the some kind of
>> version log for nice Wine versions would be nice though.
>
> ok, please bear with me, i'm truly a newcomer to all this...
>
> i'm looking at the instructions on the ardour site here:
>
> http://ardour.org/building_vst_support
>
> i have ardour 2.8 installed, and jack 0.3.4. i have installed wine-dev
> from the ubuntu repositories. i have installed scons from the ubuntu
> repositories. when i run scons VST=1 i get this:
>
> scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
> File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/Main.py", line 830, in _main
>
> that's as far as i got i'm afraid. i'm sure i'm making a very simple,
> silly, embarrassing mistake. can someone tell me what it is?

Did you first gone through the instructions on this page:

http://www.ardour.org/building

installing all required tools and libraries under All versions of Ardour
and For the Ardour 2.0 series? And for the libraries also dev versions.
You can find all these libraries from Synaptic just search. fftw3f is
inside some random package just install it. All the rest are quite
straight forward.

Then just download the source and at that point jump to the page you
were looking at.

I'm pretty sceptic that the wine you will find at Ubuntu rep will
actually work. The version I mentioned in some earlier post works and to
install that you need to download deb package from Wine site as the
newest version they have in their own repository does not work either.

.j