[Ardour-Users] Trim problem

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 08:18:09 PST 2009

I'm trying to trim a track in 2.7.1. The trim dialog (menu on right click
on coloured bar at bottom of track) has "Start to edit point" and "Edit
point to end" greyed out. Presumably this is because I haven't set an
edit point. Obviously my brain isn't working today, as I'm having trouble
doing that.

I want to trim from the start to the desired point (which used to be the
edit cursor before it was removed) and again from another desired point
to the end. If someone could describe how to do that I'd appreciate it.

The online manual still talks about the edit cursor, unfortunately.

John