[Ardour-Users] Trim problem

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jan 30 08:06:42 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 16:18 +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> I'm trying to trim a track in 2.7.1. The trim dialog (menu on right click
> on coloured bar at bottom of track) has "Start to edit point" and "Edit
> point to end" greyed out. Presumably this is because I haven't set an
> edit point. Obviously my brain isn't working today, as I'm having trouble
> doing that.

no, the problem is that your edit point selection is probably "mouse"
which makes using a menu-driven action is a bit meaningless - the mouse
cannot possibly be where you want it to be.

just use the "mouse shortcuts": button1 click in the colored bar to trim
start to mouse; button2 click to trim end to mouse.

http://ardour.org/new_editing_model for background