[Ardour-Users] Session Archival

Ben Bell bjb-ardour-users at deus.net
Fri Jan 16 07:41:19 PST 2009

Does anyone have a tool for archiving old sessions? I've checked lists
and found suggestions for such a tool which are quite old but can't find
references to anyone having implemented one.

I'm primarily after automatic FLAC encoding/decoding of the wav files,
preserving whatever header information may be needed. For some projects
I'd also find ogg (yes, lossy) compression handy. I record a band
rehearsal weekly and it eats space.

Usually I don't need the recordings after about a fortnight so currently
delete them but it would be nice to be able to keep them around, albeit
at lower quality.

bjb

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+