[Ardour-Users] Session Archival

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Fri Jan 16 08:00:56 PST 2009

I usually tar mine up (with gzip compression) and burn them to CD (or
DVD) when im completely done. I haven't analyzed the compression, but I
think it gets you around half the size (eg. 8 Gig session down to 4 Gig
tar.gz file) which I believe is close to what FLAC can do with the WAV
files.  Not to mention that you may also want the session files and
everything else in your session (which FLAC doesn't do).

Ex: tar -czvf mySession.tar.gz mySession

With this method, I could restore the session and do whatever (remix,
etc).

- --Brett