[Ardour-Users] financial ideas commentary

Alex Polite mylists at polite.se
Fri Jan 16 02:03:18 PST 2009

> So the bottom line is this: for me, personally, I am not interested in
> financial ideas that might raise $100 here, $500 there. I need a real,
> sustainable and substantive income from this work.

I'm a Swedish freelance journalist  occasionally  doing some work for SR
(Sveriges Radio, the Swedish equivalent of BBC). I know that most people at
SR are forced to edit their programs in a proprietary tool that everyone
pretty much hates. (Someone described it as trying to do embroidery with a
pair of boxing gloves on) From my perspective it would really be in SRs
interest (and probably similar big Public Service actors throghout Europe)
to sponsor a project like Ardour and $100k/year wouldn't make much of a chip
in their budget. The tricky part of course is making a deal like that
happen. These large semi-state controlled corporations are slow moving
creatures. If you'd be interested I could try to locate the right people to
talk to at SR.

Alex

--
http://polite.se