[Ardour-Users] Could this solve Ardour's financial headache?

Jamie McLaughlin j.mclaughlin at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 06:29:09 PST 2009

It's really interesting hearing the circumstances under which people use
Ardour in this thread. I certainly don't think anyone should feel forced
to contribute to Ardour, particularly if they can't easily afford to do so.

What I would repeat is that Free Software relies on the community
voluntarily funding its development. It's all very well saying "I'll
donate when it does everything I need", but of course if you don't
donate now then that point may never come.

Surely we can all agree that it would be a crying shame if development
on Ardour ground to a halt, or if the program or parts of it ceased to
be Free software. The reality is that if we put a (relatively tiny) sum
in now, we will all reap the benefits later.