[Ardour-Users] linux distro install tool info wanted

Steve Folta steve at folta.net
Fri Feb 6 02:46:31 PST 2009

>   * name(s) of linux distribution(s)

Gentoo.

>   * name of the install tool for the distro

Portage.

>   * name of ardour package for the distro

media-sound/ardour

>   * actual command to install and to update ardour

"emerge ardour" would normally work, except that there are no unmasked
ebuilds for ardour.  So you need to do:

    ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge ardour

>   * any other special pkg-mgmt based hints

It requires that gtkmm have the "accessibility" USE flags, so you may
need to do this first:

    USE="accessibility" emerge gtkmm

(I haven't actually done this myself; I use the Mac version.)