[Ardour-Users] linux distro install tool info wanted

Rob Canning robcanning at eircom.net
Fri Feb 6 03:57:53 PST 2009

 > >    * name(s) of linux distribution(s)

pure:dyne

http://puredyne.goto10.org

 > >    * name of the install tool for the distro

aptitude, synaptic

 > >    * name of ardour package for the distro

ardour

 > >    * actual command to install and to update ardour

aptitude install ardour

[if you have a debian lenny install you can add the pure:dyne
repositories (see below) and  aptitude install pure:dyne which will
install all our packages plus our rt kernel
(ardour is part of the pure:dyne meta package)
]
 > >    * name of special repository/ies worth knowing for the distro

# Debian GOTO10 repository
deb http://debian.goto10.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.goto10.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free

# Debian Multimedia repository
deb http://debian-multimedia.fx-services.com/ lenny main
deb-src http://debian-multimedia.fx-services.com/ lenny main

 > >    * any other special pkg-mgmt based hints

Once you have set your environment correctly, you need to install the
keys from the signed repositories used by the pure:dyne project. If you
do not do this, the packages will appear untrusted.

aptitude update
aptitude install debian-puredyne-keyring
aptitude install debian-multimedia-keyring
aptitude update

more hints here:
http://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne/wiki/AptSettings