[Ardour-Users] suitable multi-channel recording card?

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Fri Dec 18 06:32:07 PST 2009

Ive been using a Delta 1010 for over 6 years, without issues.  The only things that may be viewed as negative are that it uses a PCI card (so you have to open your machine to install the adapter card), and that its sample rate maxes at 96k.  Other than that its been rock solid for me.  The positives are that the converters are in the breakout box so there isnt any chance of your computer noise leaking into the audio signal ( cooling fans, power supply, etc ).  Firewire and USB devices should have the same advantage.  Also, this works "out of the box" with Fedora Linux (or anything that uses the ALSA framework i assume).

Ive recorded 10 channels simultaniously before at 24/96 ( 8 analog and 2 SPDIF ) with Ardour without any issues.

Good luck!!!
- --Brett