[Ardour-Users] Mute buttons don't work (2.8.1/F11)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 8 01:49:36 PDT 2009

Mike Morris wrote:
> WOW!!! I had no idea that right-clicking the mute button gave those
> options!!!
>
> Right clicking shows that none of the four options was selected;
> checking "Main Outs" fixed the problem! Thanks Dragan!
>
> Although now I have a problem understanding what the other options do...
>
> How does muting Pre or Post Fader differ from muting the Main Outs....
> these seem like different points along the same data path to me? And
> what does muting the "Control Out" do (midi related?)
>
> Thanks again Dragan,
>
> Sincerely,
> Mike

Until now I do my hd recording with sequencers that include a hd
recording, I don't know Ardour very much, but I can imagine that muting
post fader might enable pre fader effects getting the signal, while the
rest of the channel is muted, similar to a  situation on a mixing
console were a channel isn't muted, but at the same time not connected
to any sub bus or the main bus, than there would no direct play by this
buses, but the aux channels would get the signal.